Ohio State Football has taken another hit to their season as several players and head coach Ryan Day have been diagnosed with COVID-19 causing them to cancel their game against Illinois.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The news first broke about Ryan Day testing positive the day after Thanksgiving, with news about players’ positive test later in the day. No official word of how many players have tested positive and who exactly they are. The BIG 10 states that if any team’s positivity rate goes above 7.5% a game must be canceled. Players must quarantine for 21 days. Ryan Day will have to have at least 10 days of isolation.
“The health, safety, and well-being of our student-athlete is our main concern, and our decisions on their welfare will continue to be guided by our medical staff.” – Director of Athletics Gene Smith
This is the second Buckeye game this season to be canceled due to COVID-19. The Buckeyes missed a game earlier in November when Maryland canceled due to several positive COVID tests within their organization. The Buckeyes must play six games to be eligible to play in the Big 10 title championship. Due to the shortened season, Ohio State cannot miss another game in order to stay eligible for the championship. Ohio State’s next game will be against that Michigan State on Saturday, December 5th.
- Gov. DeWine Announces Plans to End Mask Mandates and Health Orders in Ohio
- Bojangles Opening Multiple Locations in Columbus
- UPDATE, Polaris Mall Shooting on Wednesday
- Columbus City School Employee Facing Child Poronography Charges
- Bill Introduced to Raise Ohio’s Minimum Wage to $15
- Ben Crump Leads Racial Profiling Lawsuit Against AMC Theaters For Falsely Accusing Black Moviegoer
- Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon
- Houston Woman Accused Of Splurging On Luxury Homes, Land Rover & Purses In $3.6M PPP Scam
- Blessings: Big Sean Reveals He Contemplated Suicide On Several Occasions
- Eddie Murphy & Arsenio Hall Never Intended On Casting A White Actor In Cult Classic, ‘Coming To America’