New Orleans has lots of strict COVID-19 guidelines in place including no dancing, but that didn’t stop the 2020 Naughty N’awlins Swingers Convention from happening on November 14th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In order to attend this year’s event, the 250 attendees were required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or test positive for the antibodies. Attendees were also required to keep a record of everyone they interacted with for more than 10 minutes with or without sexual contact and wear mask, but all that wasn’t enough to stop the virus from making this event a superspreader!
Within one day of the convention ending organizers had already been notified of a positive test. By the Monday after the event, five people had tested positive, by Tuesday an additional 14 positive cases were reported, and Wednesday the number of positive cases had reached 29. A total of 41 attendees tested positive for COVID-19 qualifying the 2020 Naughty N’awlins Swingers Convention as a superspreader event resulting in making 1 in 6 people that ill. Event organizer Bob Hannaford told The Washington Post, “If I thought for one minute that he or anyone would end up in the hospital, I would certainly not have had our event,”
- Enter To Win A Trip To The National Museum of African American Music!
- One Vote
- Reynoldsburg bans conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ youth
- Dave Chappelle buys Yellow Springs land from housing developer
- Coi Leray Encourages Young Women To Define Their Own Beauty Standards And Limits
- Watch: Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Indy Life: How To Break Without The Machine’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Producers: Making The Beat’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Get Heard: Breaking Your Song On Radio’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Deal Makers: Get Your Legal Affairs In Order’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Freddie Gray On Video’: Black Man Left Paralyzed After New Haven Police Van Transport
- New Study Reveals Robots Are Learning How To Be Racist And Sexist
Freak Nasty! Couples Swingers Event Pinged as COVID Superspreader! was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com