A Columbus family is demanding answers and justice after a Franklin County Deputy shot and killed 23-year-old Casey Goodson Jr. during an encounter in North Columbus.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputies were working with US Marsha’s Southern Ohio Fugitive Task Force searching for a subject in the area of Estate Place in Northeast Columbus. According to reports, the US Marshal has completed its work when a man identified as Goodson drove past waving a gun causing the deputy to confront him. According to the police, during the confrontation, Goodson exited his car and was shot by the deputy.
The mother of Goodson told ACB6, “Police shot him in the back three times through the door.” She also stated that he has never been in trouble and had a license to carry a concealed weapon. The officer involved has been identified as Deputy Jason Meade who is a 17-year veteran at the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The incident is being investigated by the Columbus Police Department and the Franklin County prosecutor’s office. The family of Goodson is demanding justice and a transparent investigation. A statement was made on behalf of the family from Walton + Brown, LLP.
- Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- No Expulsions After Racist ‘Slave Auction’ Staged By High School Football Players In Viral Video
- KeKe Wyatt’s Voluptuous Curves Sends The Internet Into A Frenzy
- Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict Divorcing After 14-Year Marriage
- Say It Ain’t So: Tia Mowry Files For Divorce From Cory Hardrict
- Charles Booker Calls Rand Paul A ‘Coward’ For Skipping Debate Amid ‘Dog Whistling’ Video
- Beyoncé Stars In Tiffany & Co.’s Night Club Inspired Campaign Film
- Kanye West, That’ll Be Enough
- Nostalgic Kiddie Perm Boxes Are Sending Black Twitter Users Down Memory Lane
- Christian Walker Turns On His Father Calling Herschel A Liar Who Is ‘Making A Mockery of Us’
- Fenty Beauty On The Hunt For The Next ‘Fenty Face’ To Model In Upcoming 2023 Campaign
Columbus: Black Man Killed by Franklin County Deputy, Family Demands Justice was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com