According to NBC4i, The Downtown Split on Interstate 70/71 will be closed the weekend of March 6-7, the Ohio Department of Transportation announced.
The Split, on the south side of Downtown between I-71 and State Route 315, will close at 11 p.m. Friday for beam installation on a bridge that will eventually provide access to eastbound I-70 from Fulton Street as part of a reconfiguration of that stretch of the freeway.
Traffic on I-70 will have to detour around the closure using I-670 and I-71. Traffic on I-71 will need to use 315 and I-670 to go around the closure.
The highways are slated to open by 5am Monday March 8th
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Reform This: Alabama Police Arrest Black Woman For ‘Burning Incense, Doing Loud Chanting’ At Christmas Parade
- Group Demands Congressional Action In Regulating Racialized Disinformation On Online Platforms
- Polaris Fashion Place shooting suspect pleads guilty
- School bus driver shortages hitting central Ohio districts
- Columbus Crew launches development team, Crew 2
- ‘Godfather Of Hip-Hop Journalism’ and Burnt Sugar Frontman Greg Tate Dies At 64
- Death Of Nick Cannon’s 5-Month-Old Son Draws Attention To Black Babies’ High Infant Mortality Rate
- Zendaya Gives Us Old Hollywood Glam In BTS Videos From Interview Magazine Cover Shoot
- Meagan Good On New ‘Harlem’ Series: ‘When We See Ourselves, We Fall In Love With Ourselves More’
- Texas Southern Men’s Basketball Team Makes HBCU History By Dominating Florida Gators
Traffic Closure: 70/71 Split Downtown Will Be Closed this Weekend was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com