According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
List Of Countries Effected By The Coronavirus
1. China (81,093)1 of 5
2. Italy (59,138)2 of 5
3. America (39,262)3 of 5
4. Spain (33,089)4 of 5
5. Germany (27,546)5 of 5
- Michael B. Jordan On Relationship With Lori Harvey: ‘I Finally Found What Love Was’
- Taraji P. Henson Shares The First Look At Her Character Ahead Of ‘Annie Live!’
- Chile, Tessica Brown A.K.A Gorilla Glue Girl Has Another Hair Disaster
- Oddsmakers Give Stacey Abrams Early Edge In Rematch Against Brian Kemp For Georgia Governor
- Cardi B Named Playboy’s New Creative Director
- Issa Rae Stuns On The Debut Cover Of Edition By Modern Luxury’s Art Issue
- Sabrina Elba Dazzles In A Gorgeous Gucci Frock At M2M’s 20th Anniversary Gala
- Casey Goodson Jr.’s family sues Jason Meade, Franklin County
- Arizona Police Officer Who Fatally Shot Man In Wheel Chair To Be Fired…But That Ain’t Enough!
- Is It A Karen Or A Thug? Texas Woman Arrested After Pulling Her Gun During Parking Spot Dispute
A Pill To Cure COVID is In Development, Being Test Now was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com