According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
List Of Countries Effected By The Coronavirus
1. China (81,093)1 of 5
2. Italy (59,138)2 of 5
3. America (39,262)3 of 5
4. Spain (33,089)4 of 5
5. Germany (27,546)5 of 5
- Saweetie Is Our Fashion Goals During Her Parisian Vacay And We’re Loving It!
- Halle Berry Gives Us Summer Body Goals In Sexy Beach Bikini Video
- Balance Beam Biles Wins Her 7th Olympic Medal
- Savage X Fenty Features All-Black Motorcycle Club Caramel Curve In Their Latest Campaign
- Reports Of Shaun King’s ‘Lavish’ Home Exacerbate Lingering Controversy Over His Finances
- Rapper DaBaby Gives Bare Minimum Apology For Homophobic Rant After Losing Da Big Bag
- Victim Or Vilification? ‘The Wire’ Actor Claims Sex Abuse On Journalist Ex-Girlfriend For Touching His Butt
- Wayne Brady Tells Racist Voicemail Heckler To “Kiss My A**”
- Remembering 20 Years Of The Princess Diaries: Pop Culture Moments That Stuck Forever
- Blue Ivy And Amaiyah Robinson Shine In Throwback ‘Black Is King’ Photo
A Pill To Cure COVID is In Development, Being Test Now was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com