On April 17, cellphone footage of an Ohio man threatening to shoot a black woman with an assault rifle landed online. Now, James Rhodes, the man seen in the video, has been charged with a hate crime and a motion has been filed to evict him from his home.
According to court documents, the 53-year-old resident of Stow, Ohio, has been charged with aggravated menacing (a first-degree misdemeanor) and ethnic intimidation (a felony). Rhodes pleaded not guilty and was released from custody after posting a $10,000 bond.
The clip shows Rhodes exiting his vehicle and approaching Kiauna Larkins. In an interview with CBS News, Larkins said she was delivering a Door Dash order to an apartment complex when the verbal attack began. Larkins’ 3-year-old child was with her at the time.
Larkins said she had driven her car around Rhodes and when she got out, he immediately began yelling.
In the video, Rhodes introduced himself as a racist before threatening to shoot Larkin.
“Yeah, and I’m racist, I’m a racist m——r,” he said in the clip. “I got an AK-47 right now in my f—– car. I’ll blow your f—-g head off.”
John Pribonic, The Mayor of Stow, said Rhodes’ hateful words and actions served as a poor representation of the city.
“The community that I know and love absolutely condemns the behavior displayed on the video and, instead, chooses the principles of kindness, tolerance, and inclusivity to guide our daily actions and beliefs,” Pribonic said.
“Let me be clear—there is no place for violence, racism, or intolerance in the City of Stow.”
- Black TikToker Goes Viral After Calling White Women ‘One Of The Most Dangerous Groups In The U.S.’
- Megan Thee Stallion Spotted Holding Hands With A New Man, Sets The Internet Ablaze
- Ari Lennox Serves Body In The Cutest Denim Set
- Yung Miami Shows Us How To ‘Act Bad’ In A Cake-Induced Thong Swimsuit
- Ralph Yarl Finds Support As Black Teen Who ‘Racist’ Shot In Head Struggles Through Recovery
- Majority Of Americans Believe College Should Consider Race In Admissions, Poll Says
- Tried It: Natural Hair Wigs Will Have Your Friends Saying, ‘What Weave?’
- GoFundMe Surges For Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Incident
- Beyoncé And Blue Ivy Hit The Stage In Red Off-White Looks During The Latest Stop On The Renaissance Tour
- Beyoncé Pens A Sweet Message To Blue Ivy After Her Renaissance Tour Performance
Ohio Man In Viral Clip Threatening to Shoot Black Woman Now Faces Felony, Eviction was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com
Here’s Why Kierra Sheard, Supa Cent & Other Celebrities Are Supporting Boujee Hippie
Dionne Warwick Reveals If She Believed in the Psychic Friends Network
Oprah Reveals The Full Cast Of ‘The Color Purple’ And It Is Black Excellence At It’s Finest
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
Chick-fil-A Limiting How Many of Their Delicous Dipping Sauces Customers Get
Zeus Network Star Goldie ‘Rollie Pollie’ Martin Reveals Double BBL Results
La La Anthony To Narrarate ‘Black Pop: Celebrating The Power Of Black Culture’
Shellacked! Saweetie Is The Face Of KISS Edge Fixer Glued Gel