It has been a tough month for Hip-Hop fans. Just one week after losing Yonkers rapper DMX, news broke that former Bad Boy artist Black Rob died of kidney failure at age 52. A memorial celebrating Rob’s life and music has been set for Friday (April 30), and will be streamed on Diddy’s REVOLT TV.
On Tuesday (April 27) artist and personal friend of Black Rob, Mark Curry, confirmed news of the planned memorial via Instagram.
“Join us as we gather to share our favorite stories and memories, to laugh and to cry in memory of our beloved Robert ‘Black Rob’ Ross,” Curry wrote in the caption. “We will always love you!! YouTube.com/RevoltTV.”
Rob’s health had been on the decline for some time now, and the rapper shared an update with fans just days before his passing.
“I’ve been dealing with this for five years,” Rob said in a video message. In addition to failing health, the rapper went on to detail his struggles with securing a home.
“Four strokes … I don’t got no house to live in — except maybe an apartment. Me and my man be trying to get together. I’m telling you man, this s–t is strange. It’s hard, you know what I’m saying? I don’t know what the people want to do, what the people going to say. I need some rest, man. Really, man. I need some rest. My side is killing me.”
Before signing to Bad Boy, Rob was part of a rap team named Alumni. His solo album, Life Story, debuted in 1999. The album featured the single “Whoa!” which went on to become his highest charting Billboard appearance.
Rob’s Homegoing Celebration will stream this Friday at 9 a.m. EST on REVOLT.
- Black TikToker Goes Viral After Calling White Women ‘One Of The Most Dangerous Groups In The U.S.’
- Megan Thee Stallion Spotted Holding Hands With A New Man, Sets The Internet Ablaze
- Ari Lennox Serves Body In The Cutest Denim Set
- Yung Miami Shows Us How To ‘Act Bad’ In A Cake-Induced Thong Swimsuit
- Ralph Yarl Finds Support As Black Teen Who ‘Racist’ Shot In Head Struggles Through Recovery
- Majority Of Americans Believe College Should Consider Race In Admissions, Poll Says
- Tried It: Natural Hair Wigs Will Have Your Friends Saying, ‘What Weave?’
- GoFundMe Surges For Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Incident
- Beyoncé And Blue Ivy Hit The Stage In Red Off-White Looks During The Latest Stop On The Renaissance Tour
- Beyoncé Pens A Sweet Message To Blue Ivy After Her Renaissance Tour Performance
Date Confirmed For Black Rob Memorial, Here’s Where You Can Watch was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com
Here’s Why Kierra Sheard, Supa Cent & Other Celebrities Are Supporting Boujee Hippie
Dionne Warwick Reveals If She Believed in the Psychic Friends Network
Oprah Reveals The Full Cast Of ‘The Color Purple’ And It Is Black Excellence At It’s Finest
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
Chick-fil-A Limiting How Many of Their Delicous Dipping Sauces Customers Get
Zeus Network Star Goldie ‘Rollie Pollie’ Martin Reveals Double BBL Results
La La Anthony To Narrarate ‘Black Pop: Celebrating The Power Of Black Culture’
Shellacked! Saweetie Is The Face Of KISS Edge Fixer Glued Gel