According to NBC4i, After 18 hours, police are still on the scene of a shooting where a 16-year old girl died and multiple teenagers ranging from 16 to 19 were injured during an event at Bicentennial Park Amphitheater.
Police say Olivia Kurtz was shot during the event that was promoted on social media at the amphitheater along the Scioto Mile.
She was transported to Grant Hospital where she was pronounced dead at 1:06 a.m., according to police. Several other people were injured during the incident
Someone who was at the gathering said the event started with messages going around about meeting downtown to ride scooters and then turned into more of a party atmosphere.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Moving Beyond the Hashtag ‘Me Too.’ Movement Celebrates 4-Year Anniversary With Week Of Action
- 5 Events That Shaped Black History Month In The UK
- Remy Ma Has Instagram In A Frenzy Over Her Curve-Hugging, Little Black Dress
- These Fluffy Balenciaga Sunglasses Are Set To Be The Next Fashion ‘Must-Haves’
- Summer Walker Responds To Criticism Over Her New Single: ‘Leave Me Alone’
- Interview: Documentary ‘Downing Of A Flag’ Explores History Of A Controversial Symbol
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
- Elderly Black Man In Need Of Medical Treatment Released From Georgia Hospital And Found Laying On The Ground Outside
- COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation Targeting Black Communities Feeds Off Real Anxieties According To New Report
- Jordyn Woods Serves Face And Body In Burgundy Cut-Out Dress
16-Year-Old Girl Killed and Many Injured at Bicentennial Park Shooting was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com