Beatty, a Democrat whose districts include parts of Columbus, shared photos on her Twitter page of her being handcuffed by Capitol Police, with the post that read, “Let the people vote. Fight for justice.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Beatty and others marched to Hart Senate Office Building calling for an end to voting restriction laws being passed in states around the nation. Capitol Police confirmed the arrest, saying in a social media post, “After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop.
Hours later Rep. Beatty released a statement via her Twitter account about her protest.
- Storm Reid’s 16 Foot Braid Stole The Show At The Suicide Squad Premiere
- Melyssa Ford Said Jadakiss Was ‘So Respectful’ While Filming The ‘Knock Yourself Out’ Video
- Prayers: Comedian Tony Baker’s 21-Year-Old Son Passes Away
- Yung Miami Gets Cheeky In A Sheer K Cavallrii Dress
- Fired! Atlanta Cop Caught On Video Kicking Handcuffed Woman In The Face Loses His Job
- Martha’s Vineyard NAACP Investigating White Boys Putting Tent Straps ‘Around The Neck Of’ Black Boy
- Fenty Beauty Made Rihanna A Billionaire
- Megan Thee Stallion’s Natural Hair Takes This Sexy #MyCalvins Ad to The Next Level
- #BlackTwitter Agrees Sheek Louch Is Still Fine AF
- City of Columbus Cracks Down on Reckless ATV Use Leads to Arrest, Seizure of Vehicles & Guns
Ohio Rep. Joyce Beatty arrested during voting-rights march in Washington was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com