According to NBC4i, By two metrics, Ohio’s COVID-19 cases are at their highest point of the summer so far.
The Ohio Department of Health on Monday reported 660 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since May 28, which also saw 660. And last week, ODH reported 2,842 cases, the most in a Monday-Sunday period since 4,634 cases May 24-30.
With 660 new cases, Monday became the sixth day this month – and the fifth day in the last six – to see more than 400 cases. June saw four days over 400 cases, but all were early in the month.
Daily case counts are not backdated to the day of infection, but trends among these backdated “onset cases” tend to follow the raw releases. The last day Ohio saw more than 400 onset cases was June 2. But it was as recently as early- to mid-May when Ohio was recording multiple days with more than 1,000 onset cases.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Urban One Founder Cathy Hughes Celebrates 75th Birthday!
- One Vote
- JT Responds To Fans After Her Wardrobe Malfunction At Billboard Music Awards
- Tika Sumpter Ties The Knot With Fiancé Nicholas James
- Gabby Sidibe Is Sharing All The Details Of Her Upcoming Wedding Dress: ‘I Definitely Don’t Need a White Dress’
- Elderly Black Women Among Buffalo Shooting Victims
- Girl, 8, critical after shooting at Weinland Park
- Buffalo Suspect Pushed 'White Replacement' Conspiracy Theory: Report
- ‘White Supremacist’ Safely Arrested After Buffalo Supermarket Massacre
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Killer Curves In Latest IG Post
- Senate Nominee Cheri Beasley Beats Back Republican Attacks
- Lori Harvey Trends On Twitter After Dropping Her Intense Weight-Loss Routine
Ohio Reaches the Highest COVID Rates This Summer Due To Delta Variant was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com