According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- Yung Miami Shows Off Her Killer Bod In Diddy-Branded Socks
- Normani Gives Us Style Goals In An All-Black Burberry Ensemble
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Effortless Style On Instagram
- Mississippi Welfare Scandal Sparks Calls For Brett Favre To Be Kicked Out Of Football Hall Of Fame
- Kaepernick Supporters Shade Rihanna For Reversing Her Stance On Performing At The Super Bowl
- Megan Thee Stallion Calls Out Haters For Twisting Her ‘Body Positivity’ Message
- Unsolved Black Murders That Still Haunt The Culture
- Hailey Bieber Is Accredited For ‘Brownie Glazed Lips’ Beauty Trend, And Women Of Color Aren’t Having It
- No Justice For Jonathan Price: ‘All-White Jury’ Acquits Ex-Texas Cop Accused Of Murdering Black Man
- NYC Hotel’s ‘Racially Motivated’ Stereotyping Led To Mistreatment Of Black Artist, Complaint Claims
This Ohio Hospital’s ICU is Full Because of COVID-19 was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com