According to NBC4i, the Columbus Division of Police will hold a gun buy-back event this Saturday in an effort to get guns off the city’s streets.
The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Columbus Fire Training Academy, 3639 Parsons Avenue.
Gift cards will be handed out in exchange for guns.
The department is accepting only semi-automatic pistols, revolvers, and long guns and will not accept BB guns, starter pistols, swords, knives, or any other type of non-firearm weapon.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Enter To Win A Trip To The National Museum of African American Music!
- One Vote
- Reynoldsburg bans conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ youth
- Dave Chappelle buys Yellow Springs land from housing developer
- Coi Leray Encourages Young Women To Define Their Own Beauty Standards And Limits
- Watch: Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Indy Life: How To Break Without The Machine’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Producers: Making The Beat’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Get Heard: Breaking Your Song On Radio’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Deal Makers: Get Your Legal Affairs In Order’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Freddie Gray On Video’: Black Man Left Paralyzed After New Haven Police Van Transport
- New Study Reveals Robots Are Learning How To Be Racist And Sexist