According to a press release from Columbus.gov, today special prosecutor Kathleen Garber and independent investigator Rick Wozniak filed additional charges against one Columbus Police officer already charged for alleged misconduct during protest activity in 2020.
The charges filed today against Officer Traci Shaw are one count each of Assault (M-1), Interference with Civil Rights (M-1), and Dereliction of Duty (M-2). These charges stem from the same incident on May 30, 2020 that resulted in Shaw being charged on June 9, 2021.
The new charges, which mirror the charges previously filed against Shaw, are the result of further investigation, which identified a fourth person who was pepper sprayed by Shaw.
Investigations remain open with respect to unidentified officers, unidentified victims, as well as in those events that involve witness officers who have not yet been interviewed, pending an arbitration decision.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Model Monday: Arielle Van-Mballa Used A Powerpoint To Propel Her Modeling Career
- Normani Gives Us Fashion Goals In Sheer Mugler Ensemble
- Less Than A Year After Losing US Senate Race, David Perdue Sets His Sights On Georgia Governor
- Chloe Bailey Is A ‘Girl On Fire’ In Red Hair And Sparkly Curve-Hugging Dress
- Mississippi Governor Challenged On His ‘Culture Of Life’ Fails To Address State’s Overall Poor Health And Well-being
- Northern California Man First In The Region To Be Sentenced Under 2009 Federal Hate Crime Law
- Idaho Republican ‘Community Leader’ Freaks Out Over Hershey’s Commercial Featuring Black Family
- City Girls Give Hilarious Speech While Accepting Their ‘Future Is Female’ Award: ‘Some Days We Want To Be Rappers. Next Day We Want To Be With Our Men’
- Cardi B Sets The Internet Ablaze In Nude Prada Mini Dress
- A Known White Supremacist Announces Intent To Run For Local Office In Georgia
More Charges Filed Against a Columbus Police Offer Stemming from the 2020 Protest was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com