According to NBC4i, Columbus is planning to turn 78 acres of land near Eastland Mall into a new park.
Francis said the land was acquired by Columbus City Council earlier this week for the price of a little over $1.5 million, the majority of which will be paid through a $1 million grant from the Ohio Public Works Commission.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
City council said it is seeking input from those in the Eastland Mall area with plans to build playgrounds, bike trails, sports fields, and conservation spaces.
The city said the park is expected to be completed in the next two to three years.
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- Lauren London Speaks At Ceremony For Nipsey Hussle’s Hollywood Star
- Family Of Christian Obumseli Wants Courtney Clenney To Serve Life In Prison For His Murder
- Megan Thee Stallion Is All Curves In A Custom House Of JMC Bodysuit
- Megan The Stallion Dropped A $250K Bag For Future’s “Pressurelicious” Verse
- Interactive Selfie Museum The Black Hair Experience Is Now In Brooklyn
- Fans Can’t Get Enough Of Keke Palmer And Angela Bassett’s Adorable Reunion
- Tried It: Juvia’s Place’s Nubian Earth Collection Gave Me The Perfect Golden Glow
- Coco Jones Dazzles In A Marcell Von Berlin Ensemble At Variety’s Power Of Young Hollywood Event
- Wack 100 Calls Out Blacc Sam After Removal Of Nipsey Hussle Verse On Drillmatic
- How Sherri Shepherd Partnered With Hertz, Snagged A TV Show & Practices Self-Care