According to NBC4i, the family of Casey Goodson Jr. filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against Franklin County and former deputy Jason Meade on Thursday, hours after criminal charges were filed in Goodson’s death.
The lawsuit was filed on the behalf of Goodson’s estate in U.S. District Court. It did not specify a dollar amount, asking for that to be determined at trial, but alleges excessive force, wrongful death and a Monell claim of misconduct by law enforcement.
RELATED STORY: Murder charges against Jason Meade filed in death of Casey Goodson Jr.
On Dec. 4, 2020, Meade was coming off an assignment with the U.S. Marshal’s fugitive task force when he spotted Goodson and followed him back to a family residence on Estates Place on Columbus’ north side.
Meade’s attorney has said that Goodson waved a firearm and refused commands to drop it.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Kansas Man Charged For Threatening Black Folks With A Gun At A Wichita Gas Station
- Black TikToker Goes Viral After Calling White Women ‘One Of The Most Dangerous Groups In The U.S.’
- Megan Thee Stallion Spotted Holding Hands With A New Man, Sets The Internet Ablaze
- Ari Lennox Serves Body In The Cutest Denim Set
- Yung Miami Shows Us How To ‘Act Bad’ In A Cake-Induced Thong Swimsuit
- Ralph Yarl Finds Support As Black Teen Who ‘Racist’ Shot In Head Struggles Through Recovery
- Majority Of Americans Believe College Should Consider Race In Admissions, Poll Says
- Tried It: Natural Hair Wigs Will Have Your Friends Saying, ‘What Weave?’
- GoFundMe Surges For Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Incident
- Beyoncé And Blue Ivy Hit The Stage In Red Off-White Looks During The Latest Stop On The Renaissance Tour
Casey Goodson Jr.’s family sues Jason Meade, Franklin County was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Here’s Why Kierra Sheard, Supa Cent & Other Celebrities Are Supporting Boujee Hippie
Dionne Warwick Reveals If She Believed in the Psychic Friends Network
Oprah Reveals The Full Cast Of ‘The Color Purple’ And It Is Black Excellence At It’s Finest
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
Chick-fil-A Limiting How Many of Their Delicous Dipping Sauces Customers Get
Zeus Network Star Goldie ‘Rollie Pollie’ Martin Reveals Double BBL Results
La La Anthony To Narrarate ‘Black Pop: Celebrating The Power Of Black Culture’
Shellacked! Saweetie Is The Face Of KISS Edge Fixer Glued Gel