According to NBC4i, a 27-year-old who died in a confrontation with police at St. Ann’s Hospital last April was shot 20 times by police during the encounter, according to the Franklin County coroner.
Miles Jackson, who was brought to the emergency room in Westerville after passing out in his vehicle, was shot 20 times in the head, chest, abdomen and legs following a pat down that turned fatal, according to a Thursday report from the Franklin County Coroner’s Office.
Body camera footage released in April showed police officers searching Jackson’s pockets and putting his belongings into bags for storage.
During the search, officers discovered something hidden in Jackson’s pants but struggled to retrieve the item. A struggle ensued, and police used a Taser on Jackson.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- Gabrielle Union Gives Us Fall Preppy Vibes In Latest New York And Co. Fit
- Ciara Shows Off Her Killer Curves In Metallic Blue Jumpsuit
- KKK Photo: Florida Officials Challenge DeSantis As GOP Quietly Replaces Disgraced Commissioner
- Sanaa Lathan Praises Doja Cat: ‘I Think She Is The Real Deal’
- New Young Thug Indictment Shows Gunna’s Only Guilty Of Tinted Windows, Lawyer Says
- Accused Capitol Riots Cheerleader Ginni Thomas Finally Answers ‘Some’ Jan. 6 Committee Questions
- Radio One Turns 42! A Timeline Of How Cathy Hughes Built A Black Empire
- Issa Rae Teams Up With Delta Air Lines To Launch The ‘Runway Collection’
- Report: Girl with gun on Ohio bus says she was ‘tired of getting picked on’
- ‘I’m Sick Of These Black Bastards’: NC Sheriff’s Abhorrently Racist Rant Recorded, Exposed By Cop
Coroner’s report: 27-year-old who died at St. Ann’s was shot 20 times was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com