According to NBC4i, beverage giants Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are facing harsh criticism Friday after news of both companies’ continued operations in Russia amid the invasion of Ukraine. The attention led both #BoycottCocaCola and #BoycottPepsi to trend on Twitter Friday, with many swearing off products from both.
Pressure to pull business from Russia comes after numerous governments and businesses implemented a cascade of economic consequences following the unprovoked attack on Ukraine that began Feb. 24.
The Economist correspondent Oliver Carroll reported Friday that Ukrainian supermarkets Novus and Silpo are boycotting Coca-Cola for the time being. Reuters explains both beverage companies have around 4% revenue exposure in Russia. Pepsi also has two production plants in the country.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- Gabrielle Union Gives Us Fall Preppy Vibes In Latest New York And Co. Fit
- Ciara Shows Off Her Killer Curves In Metallic Blue Jumpsuit
- KKK Photo: Florida Officials Challenge DeSantis As GOP Quietly Replaces Disgraced Commissioner
- Sanaa Lathan Praises Doja Cat: ‘I Think She Is The Real Deal’
- New Young Thug Indictment Shows Gunna’s Only Guilty Of Tinted Windows, Lawyer Says
- Accused Capitol Riots Cheerleader Ginni Thomas Finally Answers ‘Some’ Jan. 6 Committee Questions
- Radio One Turns 42! A Timeline Of How Cathy Hughes Built A Black Empire
- Issa Rae Teams Up With Delta Air Lines To Launch The ‘Runway Collection’
- Report: Girl with gun on Ohio bus says she was ‘tired of getting picked on’
- ‘I’m Sick Of These Black Bastards’: NC Sheriff’s Abhorrently Racist Rant Recorded, Exposed By Cop
Coca-Cola, Pepsi face boycotts over continued Russia operations was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com