According to NBC4i, the Pickerington Central Tigers beat Centerville 55-48 to win the Division I boys basketball state championship Sunday night at UD Arena.
This is the Tigers’ second state title in program history and first since 2012.
Devin Royal dropped 20 points in the win, including eight points in the fourth quarter to propel the Tigers to the win. Sonny Styles stepped up as he has all season by doing a little bit of everything with eight rebounds, six assists, four points and two steals.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- GoFundMe Set For Black Mother Of 6 Found Stabbed To Death In Philadelphia
- 10 Positive Affirmations Every Black Woman Should Recite Before Leaving The House
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Prays With Jan. 6 Convict In Prop Jail Cell At Texas CPAC. No, I’m Not Making This Up
- New Study Reveals Black Women Are Struggling Financially In Today’s Economy
- Tried IT: SHHY Beauty Added Softness And Definition To My Curls
- Finally, A Podcast For The Rap GIRLS! Meet Sesali Bowen The Host Of The ‘Purse First’ Podcast
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Curves In An All-Black Look From The Blonds
- Tracee Ellis Ross Posed For Instagram In A Fashionable Look From The Row
- Viral Video Shows Mississippi Highway Patrolman Beating Black Man On Side Of The Road
- HUD Unveils Wealth Building Initiative For Low-Income Families