According to NBC4i, a man sentenced to prison in 1998 for murder has been released after two people recanted their testimony that he was the shooter.
Marvell Dixon was convicted of aggravated murder and felonious assault in 1998 for the killing of Douglas Harvey and for shooting Ervin Nixon. Court records state Harvey and Nixon were the victims of a drive-by shooting at Ohio and Livingston avenues in Columbus on July 19, 1995.
Dixon was originally convicted in the case and sentenced to 20 years to life, Franklin County Prosecutor Gary Tyack said in a news release.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Top 16 Black Cartoons Of All-Time
- Everything We Know About The Irvo Otieno Case
- H&M X Mugler’s Collection Is Fire!
- Beyonce Teams Up With Balmain’s Oliver Rousteing For ‘Renaissance Couture’ Wearable Album Collection
- Florida NAACP Requests Travel Advisory To Warn Black Folks To Stay Out Of Florida Due To Anti-Woke Nonsense
- Jade Cargill Proves That Beauty And Strength Go Beyond The Wrestling Ring
- Beauty Influencer Eni Popoola Was Forced To Choose Between Her Job At A Law Firm Or Her Lucrative Career As A Content Creator
- Bakari Sellers Joins Calls For US Government ‘To Act’ On Shanquella Robinson’s Death Case
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Her Natural Beauty While Working On Her Fitness
- Beyoncé And Adidas Reportedly Agree To End Ivy Park Partnership
Man convicted of murder in 1998 freed from prison was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
SEXUAL ABUSE: Corey Feldman Names Charlie Sheen and Others!
Kash Doll Celebrates Detroit Pistons-Themed Baby Shower In A Stunning Gold Gown
Dionne Warwick Reveals If She Believed in the Psychic Friends Network
Eva Marcille’s Daughter Marley Rae Is All Grown Up And She’s A Budding Model
Here’s Why Kierra Sheard, Supa Cent & Other Celebrities Are Supporting Boujee Hippie
‘Mulan’ Star Jet Li Remembers Working With Aaliyah: ‘She Was Charming And Beautiful’
Paul Mooney’s Sons Speak On Their Father’s Gay Rumors And Allegations He Molested Richard Pryor Jr.