Two Republican state lawmakers introduced House Bill 616 on Tuesday to prohibit schools from teaching about “divisive or inherently racist concepts” – including sexual orientation and gender identity for students between kindergarten and third grade, according to the bill’s text.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Enter To Win A Trip To The National Museum of African American Music!
- One Vote
- Reynoldsburg bans conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ youth
- Coi Leray Encourages Young Women To Define Their Own Beauty Standards And Limits
- Watch: Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Indy Life: How To Break Without The Machine’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Producers: Making The Beat’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Get Heard: Breaking Your Song On Radio’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Deal Makers: Get Your Legal Affairs In Order’ Panel at Radio One Presents The Music Meeting
- ‘Freddie Gray On Video’: Black Man Left Paralyzed After New Haven Police Van Transport
- New Study Reveals Robots Are Learning How To Be Racist And Sexist
- Graphic Video Shows African Migrants ‘Beaten And Killed’ Trying To Cross Border Into Spain
‘Don’t say gay:’ Bill similar to Florida’s introduced in Ohio was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com