According to NBC4i, Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” is the undisputed champion when it comes to Christmas songs, but it may also pose some legal trouble for the singer. A songwriter, who says he co-wrote a song with the same title in 1989, is accusing her of copyright infringement.
Last week, Andy Stone filed a complaint in New Orleans federal court against Carey, her co-writer Walter Afanasieff, and Sony Music Entertainment. Stone is asking for at least $20 million in damages for copyright infringement, misappropriation, and additional claims, Reuters reports.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Enter To Win A Trip To The National Museum of African American Music!
- One Vote
- Pregnancy Related Deaths Could Soar For Black Women Now That Roe V. Wade Has Been Overturned
- Commentary: No, White Liberals, You Don’t Get To Call Clarence Thomas The N-Word. WTF?
- Why Every Black Man Needs A Hobby
- Memorable BET Award Moments We’re Still Talking About
- ‘Like Somebody Shot Me’: Rudy Giuliani Has Man Arrested For Slapping Him On The Back And Calling Him A ‘Scumbag’
- With Abortion Rights Under Attack, Time To Rewatch Netflix Docuseries ‘Amend: The Fight For America’
- Man dead and woman injured in northeast Columbus shooting
- Man slaps Rudy Giuliani at New York grocery store, police say
- Ohio Democrats speak at statehouse rally on Supreme Court abortion ruling
- 14-year-old boy arrested in fatal stabbing of teen in the Hilltop
Mariah Carey sued over ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com