According to NBC4i, eighteen-year-old Gahanna artist Gabby Anderson is about to be thrust into the national spotlight as her portraits hit Walmart stores across the country this week.
Anderson was commissioned by the nation’s largest retailer to paint portraits of the founders of Black beauty brands such as By Sharon C, Mielle Organics, Kim Kimble, Flawless, and Luna Magic. The “Beauty in Color” collection will appear on endcaps in more than 1,500 stores nationwide including 80 in Ohio.
“Graffiti by Gabby … started a couple of years ago,” said Anderson, a recent high school graduate. “It was just something small I was doing for my friends where I would just customize [their] shoes.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Solange Knowles’ Son Daniel “Julez” Smith, Jr. Walks For Versace During Milan Fashion Week
- Justice For Z’Kye Husain: NJ Cops Finally Settle After Viral Wrongful Arrest Of Black Teen In Mall Fight
- Darryl George To Remain On In-School Suspension For Refusing To Cut His Locs, Texas Judge Rules
- Republicans Are Counting On Racist Stereotypes To Attract Black Voters For Trump
- ‘RHOA’ Star Porsha Williams Files for Divorce from Simon Guobadia
- Never Forget: Ahmaud Arbery Was Lynched By Racist Murderers On This Day In American History
- Brahmin X Coco Michele Collaborate For Black History Month, Celebrating Art And Blossoming Black Femininity
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- JT And Solange Knowles Had A Girls Night Out In Milan – See Pics
- Front Row Fabulous: Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, & More Sit Pretty At Prada
Gahanna teenager commissioned to do artwork for Walmart was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Black McDonalds Franchise Owners Collaborate with The Dirt Label for Black History Month
12 Black-Owned Candle Companies That Will Set The Vibe
TREND REPORT: What’s Hot In Swimwear Based Off The Runway At Miami Swim Week
NYFW: Sergio Hudson Confirms Denim And Leather Will Forever Have The Girlies In A Chokehold
Has Yolanda Adams Ever Considered Doing R+B?
Red Carpet Rundown: Naomi Campbell Rocks The Hooded Dress Trend On the BAFTA Red Carpet
Iced Out Megan Thee Stallion Exemplifies Why Black Women Should Treat Themselves – Because We Deserve
Tyler Lepley Cuts Miracle Watts’ Long Weave Into A Bob And We’re Impressed