Millions across the world watched her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s committal service on Monday, March 19th at Westminster Abbey in London. Westminster Abbey has a lot of significance to the Queen because it was the place where she was crowned 69 years before her passing and it’s also where she married her husband, Prince Philip, 75 years ago.
But is this Queen Elizabeth’s final resting place? One would think so since at the end of the ceremony her casket was lowered into the royal family vault below the chapel. But it isn’t
Queen Elizabeth’s casket was removed later that evening and taken to the King George VI Memorial Chapel for a private burial service for the royal family. There the queen will be reunited with her parents, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother), and her sister’s ashes Princess Margaret (who requested to be cremated) in the chapel. Her husband Prince Philip’s coffin will also be relocated from the royal vault where he has been since his passing to the King George VI Memorial Chapel so they can finally be laid to rest together.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Many have asked if will they will be able to pay their respects to the Queen and her family in their final resting place of King George VI Memorial Chapel. That question remains unanswered at the time. Normally when you buy a ticket to visit Windsor Castle that ticket would include the chapel, but Windsor Castle was closed to visitors at the time of the Queen’s passing in mourning. Royal mourning usually lasts twelve days so it is possible in the future.
Under normal circumstances, the chapel is closed to visitors during services on Sunday. Visitors are welcome to tour St George’s Chapel on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10 am to 4:15 pm. The last entry for visitors is permitted at 4 pm so be sure to be punctual if you are planning an afternoon visit. Check the Royal Collection Trust Website for future information. on visits.
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- Yung Miami Shows Off Her Killer Bod In Diddy-Branded Socks
- Normani Gives Us Style Goals In An All-Black Burberry Ensemble
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Effortless Style On Instagram
- Mississippi Welfare Scandal Sparks Calls For Brett Favre To Be Kicked Out Of Football Hall Of Fame
- Kaepernick Supporters Shade Rihanna For Reversing Her Stance On Performing At The Super Bowl
- Megan Thee Stallion Calls Out Haters For Twisting Her ‘Body Positivity’ Message
- Unsolved Black Murders That Still Haunt The Culture
- Hailey Bieber Is Accredited For ‘Brownie Glazed Lips’ Beauty Trend, And Women Of Color Aren’t Having It
- No Justice For Jonathan Price: ‘All-White Jury’ Acquits Ex-Texas Cop Accused Of Murdering Black Man
- NYC Hotel’s ‘Racially Motivated’ Stereotyping Led To Mistreatment Of Black Artist, Complaint Claims
Queen Elizabeth II Final Resting Place Isn’t Where You Might Think was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com