According to NBC4i, A case filed by Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein has handed down thousands of dollars in fines to an area mall after the owners failed to meet a deadline.
Eastland Mall Holdings, LLC, which bought Eastland Mall in 2015 for $9.7 million, now faces a $3,500 fine, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records. The court held a contempt hearing Thursday to see if the owners had followed orders to clean up the property, and found they did not.
f Eastland Mall Holdings, LLC, does not address the health and safety violations Klein flagged, the court will tack on an additional $250 fine daily. Items on the to-do list to clean up the mall include litter, solid waste, graffiti and broken concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Engaging Black America
- One Vote
- Yung Miami Shows Off Her Killer Bod In Diddy-Branded Socks
- Normani Gives Us Style Goals In An All-Black Burberry Ensemble
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Effortless Style On Instagram
- Mississippi Welfare Scandal Sparks Calls For Brett Favre To Be Kicked Out Of Football Hall Of Fame
- Kaepernick Supporters Shade Rihanna For Reversing Her Stance On Performing At The Super Bowl
- Megan Thee Stallion Calls Out Haters For Twisting Her ‘Body Positivity’ Message
- Unsolved Black Murders That Still Haunt The Culture
- Hailey Bieber Is Accredited For ‘Brownie Glazed Lips’ Beauty Trend, And Women Of Color Aren’t Having It
- No Justice For Jonathan Price: ‘All-White Jury’ Acquits Ex-Texas Cop Accused Of Murdering Black Man
- NYC Hotel’s ‘Racially Motivated’ Stereotyping Led To Mistreatment Of Black Artist, Complaint Claims
Eastland Mall slapped with thousands in fines by Columbus was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com