If you are teaching a teenage driver, or if you struggle driving without clutching onto your phone, keep reading.
Ohio Governor Mike Dewine has officially signed the Distracted Driving Bill into law.
In a move designed to put a stop to distracted driving, the new bill allows police officers to pull drivers over for “using, holding, or physically supporting” their smartphone while their driving.
Over the last 5 years, according to reports, more than 74,000 car accidents in Ohio have come at the hand of a distracted driver.
Via FOX 8…
Drivers would still be allowed to hold a phone to their ear when stopped at a red light, using speakerphone without holding the phone or holding a phone to their ears for calls, but not using text or typing.
Troopers said drivers ages 15 to 24 make up almost 40% of those crashes.
Before the bill was signed into law, police could only cite drivers for distracted driving after pulling them over for another offense.
To finish this story by FOX 8, [click here].
This is obviously something that will take a lot of us a little while to get used to! Make sure you pass this post on to a driver that you know is distracted with their phone more often than they should be!
- Solange Knowles’ Son Daniel “Julez” Smith, Jr. Walks For Versace During Milan Fashion Week
- Justice For Z’Kye Husain: NJ Cops Finally Settle After Viral Wrongful Arrest Of Black Teen In Mall Fight
- Darryl George To Remain On In-School Suspension For Refusing To Cut His Locs, Texas Judge Rules
- Republicans Are Counting On Racist Stereotypes To Attract Black Voters For Trump
- ‘RHOA’ Star Porsha Williams Files for Divorce from Simon Guobadia
- Never Forget: Ahmaud Arbery Was Lynched By Racist Murderers On This Day In American History
- Brahmin X Coco Michele Collaborate For Black History Month, Celebrating Art And Blossoming Black Femininity
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- JT And Solange Knowles Had A Girls Night Out In Milan – See Pics
- Front Row Fabulous: Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, & More Sit Pretty At Prada
Drivers in Ohio Can Now Be Pulled Over For Holding Their Phone was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Black McDonalds Franchise Owners Collaborate with The Dirt Label for Black History Month
12 Black-Owned Candle Companies That Will Set The Vibe
TREND REPORT: What’s Hot In Swimwear Based Off The Runway At Miami Swim Week
NYFW: Sergio Hudson Confirms Denim And Leather Will Forever Have The Girlies In A Chokehold
Has Yolanda Adams Ever Considered Doing R+B?
Red Carpet Rundown: Naomi Campbell Rocks The Hooded Dress Trend On the BAFTA Red Carpet
Iced Out Megan Thee Stallion Exemplifies Why Black Women Should Treat Themselves – Because We Deserve
Tyler Lepley Cuts Miracle Watts’ Long Weave Into A Bob And We’re Impressed