According to NBC4i, The Bexley City Schools Board of Education has accepted the resignation of a middle school teacher after a racist image appears during the school’s morning announcements earlier this month.
Former teacher Christopher Melville, who was in charge of supervising the announcements, was placed on administrative leave last week.
It was the latest in a series of racist incidents Bexley students said they’ve experienced.
Melville submitted his resignation last Friday after Bexley Middle School students walked out in protest.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Darryl George To Remain On In-School Suspension For Refusing To Cut His Locs, Texas Judge Rules
- Republicans Are Counting On Racist Stereotypes To Attract Black Voters For Trump
- ‘RHOA’ Star Porsha Williams Files for Divorce from Simon Guobadia
- Never Forget: Ahmaud Arbery Was Lynched By Racist Murderers On This Day In American History
- Brahmin X Coco Michele Collaborate For Black History Month, Celebrating Art And Blossoming Black Femininity
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- JT And Solange Knowles Had A Girls Night Out In Milan – See Pics
- Front Row Fabulous: Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, & More Sit Pretty At Prada
- Father Of Hydeia Broadbent Launches GoFundMe Following Activist’s Death
- DeSantis Blames ‘Activists’ For Rampant Book Bans In Florida, But It’s Actually His Fault
Bexley board accepts teacher’s resignation, vows change was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Black McDonalds Franchise Owners Collaborate with The Dirt Label for Black History Month
12 Black-Owned Candle Companies That Will Set The Vibe
TREND REPORT: What’s Hot In Swimwear Based Off The Runway At Miami Swim Week
NYFW: Sergio Hudson Confirms Denim And Leather Will Forever Have The Girlies In A Chokehold
Who Is The Michigan State University Shooter And Why Did He Open Fire On Campus?
6 Celebrity Pisces We’re Taking Style Notes From
Maui x Lolita Bring Fly Girl Aesthetic To New York Fashion Week
Red Carpet Rundown: Halle Bailey Wore A Sea-Sationel Dress To The 2024 People’s Choice Awards