Last week was Trinidad’s carnival, which kicked off the 2023 carnival season. It was TNT’s first mas since the pandemic, and boy, did we make up for the years lost!
Carnival is a celebration throughout the Caribbean to represent the much anticipated annual festival and parade involving masquerade, dance, and music. Most people are familiar with the brightly colored costumes and elaborate looks for Tuesday mas. There is an art to being a carnivalista, and this video is all about what you’ll need to fete like a boss.
- The mother of all carnival wear (outside of your costume) is a fanny pack. It’s the one essential you’ll need to hold ALL of your essentials!
- The Caribbean sun is nothing to play with, so a compact rechargeable fan is crucial.
- Be sure to bring a compact mirror to check yourself and blotting sheets to absorb any oil and sweat.
- Professional grade setting spray is the only way to prevent full-on meltdowns, so brands like Kryolan and Ben Nye are my go-to’s.
- I personally skip the gems and body tattoos because they will ABSOLUTELY leave tan lines, but if you need the razzle-dazzle, apply them using eyelash glue or spirit gum.
- Sunscreen is the one non-negotiable essential on this list. Regardless of skin tone, everybody is susceptible to sun damage and sunburn. Protect yourself by throwing a travel-size SPF in your bag.
- As a bonus tip, bring a mini bottle of perfume and deodorant to smell as good as you look!
I hope these tips help you have a fun and safe carnival season!
Resident Makeup Artist Anika Kai Shares Her Top Picks For Red Lipsticks
Resident Makeup Artist Anika Kai Gives Us A First Look Into Morphe’s Supreme Brow Kit
Get Ready For Carnival Season With Anika Kai’s Must-Have Essentials was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Here’s Why Kierra Sheard, Supa Cent & Other Celebrities Are Supporting Boujee Hippie
Dionne Warwick Reveals If She Believed in the Psychic Friends Network
Who Killed Ajike Owens? Allegedly Racist White Florida Woman Identified On Social Media As Susan Lorincz
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
Chick-fil-A Limiting How Many of Their Delicous Dipping Sauces Customers Get
Miracle Watts And Tyler Lepley Are One Good Looking Couple
La La Anthony To Narrarate ‘Black Pop: Celebrating The Power Of Black Culture’
Let Me See Ya Grillz: 8 Celebrities Who’ve Flossed A Golden Mouth Piece