Ohio Democratic Senator Tina Maharath broke down in session today while having discussions about racism. This session was being held to further discuss the proposal to declare racism a public health crisis.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Senator Maharath fears that sending her child back to school will lead to racism due to President Trump continuing to refer to COVID-19 as “kung-flu” or the “Chinese Virus”. Senator Maharath is Ohio’s first Asian American lawmaker and serves the 3rd district.
Senator Maharath was attending an Ohio Senate Health Committee meeting and listening to guests sharing how racism has impacted their lives. Senator Maharath was taken back by the stories shared saying, “My son is 8 years old, He’s about to go to school and probably have the same thing that happened to you. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to know that they’re telling us to go back to China. They’re telling us this is a Chinese virus.” Senator Maharath also shared some of her feelings on Twitter
After her tweet Senator Maharath started to receive many tweets of support.
President Trump continues to stand behind his racist language as he blames China for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Tuskegee Airmen National Museum Teaches Young Black Teens How To Fly
- ‘Sheeeeiiitttt’: Sen. Bob Menendez’s Bribery Indictment Is Giving Clay Davis Vibes From ‘The Wire’
- Alabama School District Promises ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Students’ Racist Snapchat Messages
- 7 Perfect Fall Fragrances For Cuddle Season
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Switches To Republican Party Months After Winning Reelection As A Democrat
- Tia Mowry Believes Lack Of Self-Love Is The Reason Why Some Women Stay In Toxic Relationships
- Political Experts Think Ron DeSantis’ Presidential Candidacy Failings Are Affecting His Support In Florida
- We Love Chloe x Halle. See An Example Of Their Beautiful Bond Shared On Instagram.
- Is Megan Thee Stallion Joining Beyoncé On The ‘Renaissance World Tour’?
- NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
Ohio Senator Breaks Down During Session Due to Racism was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
TREND REPORT: What’s Hot In Swimwear Based Off The Runway At Miami Swim Week
Kelly Rowland Serves Style And Grace At The Black Excellence Brunch
Here’s Why Kierra Sheard, Supa Cent & Other Celebrities Are Supporting Boujee Hippie
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
Sanaa Lathan Stuns In The Sun, Drops Sexy Bathing Suit Pic
Miracle Watts And Tyler Lepley Are One Good Looking Couple
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
The Way He Moves: Michael Jackson’s 5 Best Dance Music Videos