According to NBC4i, Walmart announced Tuesday that it will pay for 100% of college tuition and books for employees through its Live Better U education program.
Starting Aug. 16, that fee will be removed for about 1.5 million part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club employees, allowing them to earn college degrees or learn trade skills without taking on additional debt.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The Bentonville-based retailer said in a Tuesday release that it is committed to investing nearly $1 billion over the next five years in “career-driven training and development.”
Employees are eligible for LBU on their first day at Walmart, the company said, adding that the educational programs are “picked for the future of work.”
- Sephora Launches The Sephora Favorites Black-Owned Beauty Kit, Highlighting Black-Owned Businesses
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
- School Committee ‘Karen’ Is Humbled After Questioning Ivy League-Educated Black Mom’s Qualifications
- FBI offering $25,000 reward in shooting death of teen at Bicentennial Park
- Misa Hylton And Bevy Smith Dropped Major Gems In A Candid Conversation During NYFW
- Black Ex-Cop Who Killed A White Woman In Minneapolis Could Be Freed After Conviction Tossed
- Courtney B. Vance Honors Michael K. Williams At Emmys, Questions ‘Lovecraft Countr’y Cancelation
- Beauty Influencer Ashley Strong Teams Up With Morphe Cosmetics For Her Own Line Of Zen Makeup Products
- Fat Joe Violated
- In Tone-Deaf Move, ‘Cops’ Reality TV Show Returning To Fox … Because, Of Course It Is
Walmart Announces They Will Pay Employees College Tuition and Books was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com