Pickerington School District has announced that they will be switching to a “mask optional” policy when children return from the holiday break on January 4, 2022. Why the change? Mainly because vaccines are available for all school aged children now.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In a letter the district, Superintendent Chris Briggs stated, “The health and safety of our schools and community has always been our number one priority. So, as we move forward with this mask optional implementation, we encourage all students and staff to follow proper public safety protocols, which include asking those who are not vaccinated to wear masks. We still need your help to keep everyone safe, which will not happen if safety protocols are not followed. Quarantine protocols will remain the same for vaccinated and unvaccinated students and staff, as per our current practice ”
Currently the COVID-19 vaccine is not required to attend Pickerington Schools, but it is heavily encouraged that parents get that child vaccinated. Should a parent choose to not vaccinate their child, they are asking your child still wears a mask to school to keep schools safe for all.
To read the full leader from. Superintendent Briggs click here
- Nominate Someone to be Honored as a 2023 Future History Maker
- Rest In Power Amber Carr: Sister Of Atatiana Jefferson Dies From Heart Complications
- Angela Simmons Is Stunning In A Lavender Cut Out Dress
- Airbnb Slave Cabins: Why Was This Even A Thing?
- Jason Whitlock Blames Tyre Nichols’ Killing On Black Single Moms: ‘They Don’t Want Us Focused On Reality’
- 4 White Supremacists Sentenced For Hate Crime After Brutally Beating A Black DJ
- Memphis Police ‘Shielded And Protected’ White Cop In Tyre Nichols’ Arrest Video, Ben Crump Says
- Anika Kai Gives Us A 3-Step Tutorial On The Underpainting Makeup Trend
- H.E.R. Is A Vision In All White On The February Cover Of ‘Vogue Singapore’
- Zora’s House breaking ground on new community space in Weinland Park
- Get The Look: Shop The Beauty Products From Naturi Naughton’s Cover Shoot
Pickerington Schools Changing Mask Policy to Optional was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com