According to NBC4i, a man has been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter after an inmate died of a drug overdose from drugs that the man smuggled into the jail, according to the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office.
According to the sheriff’s office, 23-year-old Cory Cantrell, an inmate of the Scioto County Jail, was found Saturday unresponsive and was later pronounced dead after being transported to the Southern Ohio Medical Center.
An investigation into Cantrell’s death revealed that he overdosed on drugs, believed to be fentanyl, brought in by Perry Steele, 43, who was in jail after being arrested by the Portsmouth Police Department on Saturday on a disorderly conduct intoxication charge, the sheriff’s office said.
SCSO states that Steele was placed in a holding cell with three other inmates, including Cantrell, where he brought them the drugs before being bonded out of jail.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Enter To Win A Trip To The National Museum of African American Music!
- One Vote
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Beach Body On Instagram And Gives Us Body Goals
- Lala Anthony Celebrates Her Birthday With A Stunning IG Photoshoot
- Summer Walker Reveals She’s Pregnant With Second Child
- Michigan’s Black Caucus Calls SCOTUS Abortion Decision ‘Bullshit’
- A Few Steps To Take After SCOTUS Dismantled National Threshold For Abortion Rights
- Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade
- Ohio’s Heartbeat Bill becomes law
- Gabrielle Union Drops Her Fitness And Health Routine On Instagram
- Lizzo Says She Will Pledge $500k From Her Upcoming Tour To Planned Parenthood Amid Roe v. Wade Decision
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Invites Herschel Walker To Debate, Says GOP Rival Hasn’t Officially Accepted
Man smuggled in drugs to jail, inmate dies from overdose was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com